Art Exhibit #2

I went to the art exhibit in the Loyola art gallery on December 7th, 2017. As I walked in, I was surprised to see the familiar faces of my fellow classmates hanging on the wall, with paint splattered all over them. This attraction immediately drew me in to gain a closer look at the photos. The students in the photos seemed to be staring at me; I knew every one of them.

It was a mash up of photos of 12 different students, each with a black background. There were colors and powder-like substances on their faces and bodies. Some of them looking at the camera, and some looking away from the camera. I felt a bit uncomfortable, just because some of these students were in my classes, and some of them I knew rather well. I did not know exactly how to feel, but I knew that my fellow classmates were on the wall in an art gallery. It was an interesting sight to see. I assumed the deeper meaning of this particular piece of art to be how society will try to label humans with a scale called "race." The colors that are slapped across the faces of the people are representative of the different colors that society "slaps" on its patrons.

I found this exhibit rather interesting because it seemed that the art was made by students (I am not sure if that is the case). It was very intriguing to see the faces of my classmates on the wall. Each piece was also done by a different artist. So, I was able to find one piece that was most shocking and focus on just that one piece.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 1: The Whole Ball of Wax

White Color Project