Blog Post 2: Visibility

I found the reading slightly confusing. It seemed like I picked up in the middle of a text, and needed to have more prior knowledge than I did going into the reading. Nevertheless, the reading discussed the mind, and how images are created. Also, how artists depict images they have in their mind to an audience.

The article also discussed Saint Ignatius Loyola in a part which also confused me. It seemed like the article was jumping around a bit. However, it talked about different spiritual disciplines and how these images factored into how to think/imagine for these disciplines.

I liked how the author used examples that deal with God in order to explain this "fantasy." The part that I found most interesting was just the breaking down of how images are created in the mind. How one way the mind works is a word that arrives at a visual image, and the next is one that starts with visual image and arrives at verbal expression. Also, I appreciated the idea that the best way to foster an endless scape of imagination is through the right use of words and images together.

Overall, the article was very complex and I would like to discuss it more in order to get a better understand of exactly what points are being made and the though process to get there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Exhibit #2

Blog Post 1: The Whole Ball of Wax

Blog Post 4: BMA